EZContacts is an eyewear hypermarket with hundreds of brands of authentic eyewear and sunglasses for men, women and children. While most of the brands we sell aren’t listed here, we thought it would be fun to kick off 2020 with profiles of 20 of our customers’ favorites.
The now famous Ray-Ban aviator sunglasses were first created for the U.S. Army Air Corp by Bausch & Lomb. Glasses were the first to incorporate anti-glare lenses. Aviator Ray-Ban gained immense popularity during World War II, when General Douglas MacArthur was photographed there. Ray-Ban glasses are now part of American fashion.
- In 1952, Ray-Ban created the hard plastic frame called “The Ray-Ban Wayfarer” and became the sunglasses of choice for celebrities such as Bob Dylan, Andy Warhol, James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, Roy Orbison, John Lennon, Madonna and, of course, Tom Cruise (the “Top Gun” glasses).
- In 2007, Ray-Ban expanded the Wayfarer color options and created Wayfarer frames that combined colors such as gold on black and red on tortoise shell.
- Ray-Ban offers hundreds of styles of unisex frames such as sunglasses and eyeglasses as well as models specifically for men, women and children.
- Popular models include the Clubmaster, Wayfarer, New Wayfarer, Caravan and the timeless Aviator.
Guccio Gucci founded a saddlery shop in Florence in 1906 and named it “La Maison Gucci”. 32 years later, the brand began to open retail stores located in Rome, Milan and Florence selling handbags, luggage and shoes. Gucci opened an office in New York in 1953.
Tom Ford became General Manager and Creative Director of Gucci in 1990 and has developed new products including perfumes, cosmetics, watches and sunglasses.
- The classic nested Gs icon has established itself as a symbol of wealth and sophistication.
- Gucci offers sunglasses and eyewear for men and women.
- Gucci’s line of eyewear for women is characterized by bold-rimmed glasses, from classic aviators to cat-eye styles and Hollywood Forever crystal.
- The Gucci eyewear line for men includes both metal and acetate rimmed eyewear and sunglasses.
- Popular models include Gucci GG0036S, Gucci GG00060 and Gucci GG0582S.
3. TOM FORD
Tom Ford is originally from Texas, but became a household name when he moved to Milan in 1990 to become a designer for Gucci. He became creative director of Gucci a few years later and left in 2005 to create the Tom Ford brand. To produce and distribute eyewear, he then established a partnership with the Marcolin Group.
- TOM FORD glasses are among the top three brands in luxury stores around the world.
- TOM FORD offers sunglasses and prescription glasses for men and women.
- TOM FORD FT5424, TOM FORD FT5207 and TOM FORD FT0657 CHARLOTTE 35722 are the popular models.
Prada was founded in Milan in 1913 by Mario and Martino Prada. The Italian luxury fashion brand is known for its clothing, handbags, shoes and accessories. In 1999, the Prada group and De Rigo created the Prada eyewear. Today Prada Eyewear offers unique, high-quality eyewear and sunglasses, many of which make bold fashion statements.
- Prada is known for its bold, oversized frames, geometric shapes, angular silhouettes, and inventive temple and frame embellishments.
- The brand also balances its collection with sophisticated classic styles, including cat-eye frames, sleek rectangular silhouettes, and round frames.
- Prada offers sunglasses and prescription glasses for men and women.
- Prada Linea Rossa is a sister brand that emphasizes technical details to merge high fashion with high performance and design excellence.
- Popular models include Prada PR 19SS, Prada PR 74VS Catwalk, Prada PR 11VV Conceptual.
Giuseppe Ratti, owner of Berry Opticians in Turin, Italy, began manufacturing technically advanced eyewear in 1917 to meet the demands of pilots and sports pilots. Today, a timeless design and artistic quality make the Persol brand a favorite in the film world.
- A hinge decorated with an arrow on the stem, inspired by the swords of ancient warriors is the unmistakable symbol of Persol.
- The Persol brand offers sunglasses and eyewear for men and women.
- Persol offers a series of special editions, including a Steve McQueen brand.
- Persol 2747S, Persol PO3207V, and Persol P00649 are the popular models.